cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality of Business Objects

DamianMastalerz
Level 3
Hello, I have a question regarding the functionality of €˜Business Objects€™ in general. Assumption: Just say we have 10 robots (runtimes) working on a queue and on a single process. Hence 10 robots will do each step identically for the queued items. So far so good. Now I have heard from someone that €˜Business Objects€™ will be locked while they are used. Therefore, in my example 10 robots will wait of each other to use same €˜Business Objects€™. Are they any limitations known that €˜Business Objects€™ can only be used sequentially? For my understanding, it would be against the functionality of modularity. So I would build a module (Business Object) to gain all the benefits like changing logic or something else on one place. But in return if I use this €˜Business Object€™ in many processes which should run simultaneously it would be a constraint. According of what I heard the processes would not be much faster since they have to wait while working with same €˜Business Objects€™. It would be very great if you have a source. Unfortunately, I found nothing about the functionality of €˜Business Objects€™ in deep. Many thanks in advanced.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Business Objects are not locked when in runtime use, they can be used concurrently by multiple robot sessions.  Objects are only locked when being edited.

DamianMastalerz
Level 3
Thanks a lot.