cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Report

ps
Level 2

I'm new to blue prism, I have an excel sheet and I'm loading that in to a queue and process that data and update the data back to corresponding item, and want to create a report of queue processed data and in the Report I need to add the whole collection(Processed Data after calculation), Completed Items and Exception Items, What will be the procedure for this?

------------------------------
p s
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @ps1 ,

Please feel free to check what @Neeraj Kumar has mentioned since this VBO has helped me greatly as well to get extensive reporting done in past with few minor modifications at my end according to our requirements during that time.

Just to add a few thoughts here, since your requirement seemed a bit tad simple to me, I can also suggest you check the 'Get Report Data' action from 'Work Queue' VBO which Blue Prism provides by default. It will provide you with a lot of details such as 'Item Count', 'Total Time', 'Most Time', 'Least Time', 'Median Time' and a collection of all Item ID's for a number of filters that you can give as input values such as Queue Name, what all type of items you want to include (Successful one, Failed ones etc.) and then you can also specify a date range as well which you are interested to know.

Now, if you want to further drill down on details which seems to be your requirement, just iterate through the collection of Item ID's retrieved from the prior step and then you can use the action: 'Get Item Data' and pass the Item ID value for the current iteration inside the loop stages. This action will return you 'Status', 'Exception Reason' along with the collection of data that was last updated in the queue item which you seem to be interested in. Once, you get the items just add them to a final collection inside the loop itself and outside the loop stage you can simply write all the data from the final collection into an excel file.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Neel1
MVP

hello p s - please can you have a look on Queue report VBO if it fulfilling the purpose

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/queue-reports

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hi @ps1 ,

Please feel free to check what @Neeraj Kumar has mentioned since this VBO has helped me greatly as well to get extensive reporting done in past with few minor modifications at my end according to our requirements during that time.

Just to add a few thoughts here, since your requirement seemed a bit tad simple to me, I can also suggest you check the 'Get Report Data' action from 'Work Queue' VBO which Blue Prism provides by default. It will provide you with a lot of details such as 'Item Count', 'Total Time', 'Most Time', 'Least Time', 'Median Time' and a collection of all Item ID's for a number of filters that you can give as input values such as Queue Name, what all type of items you want to include (Successful one, Failed ones etc.) and then you can also specify a date range as well which you are interested to know.

Now, if you want to further drill down on details which seems to be your requirement, just iterate through the collection of Item ID's retrieved from the prior step and then you can use the action: 'Get Item Data' and pass the Item ID value for the current iteration inside the loop stages. This action will return you 'Status', 'Exception Reason' along with the collection of data that was last updated in the queue item which you seem to be interested in. Once, you get the items just add them to a final collection inside the loop itself and outside the loop stage you can simply write all the data from the final collection into an excel file.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
Automation Architect,

Awesome @devneetmohanty07 ! Pretty neatly explained, I hope this should suffice the ask.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Thanks a lot, @Mukesh Kumar . Really appreciate your feedback and am super glad to finally see you on the forum and making amazing contributions already 🙂

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
Automation Architect,

This thread is so wholesome. Thank you all for helping each other out ❤️ 

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)