cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Data from Oracle Database

sonuiiml
Level 5

HI Team, 

I am trying to retrieve data from Oracle database through OLEDB object. I am able to access the required tables from Oracle SQL developer. I did tried giving the connection string in OLEDB object how ever it gives the error as OLEDB data provider cannot be located.  My question

1. Is it possible to get the connection string from Oracle SQL developer tool to be used in blueprism (currently I am able to access the data from Oracle SQL developer tool)?
2. Do I need to install Oracle Data access components separately?

Please let me know if you have any questions

------------------------------
Susamay Halder Consultant
Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086
28 REPLIES 28

Hi Eric,

Yes, I already tried changing the file reference in the VBO to include the full path to the DLL. usually this work for me so just wondering what's different this time.

Thanks

SADITYA KAPOOR
Senior Consultant
Capgemini Canada
America/Toronto

So adding the file path did not work? If not, were there any spaces in the file path? If so, did you enclose the whole thing in quates?

Ex:

"C:\Program Files\Oracle\xxxxx"

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

No space in the path. I also tried double quotes, but than getting "Internal : Illegal characters in path." error. so that is also not working. 

Thank you

SADITYA KAPOOR
Senior Consultant
Capgemini Canada
America/Toronto

@SADITYA KAPOOR
Try executing 

tnsping yourconnectionname 

in command prompt. You will get the connection string. Try matching the connection string to the one generated inOracle MDA object. Should work 

Susamay Halder Consultant
Consultant
Bruce Power
+1(437)217-1086

Hi Eric,
I opened up the attachment you posted for an Oracle business object & test process but when I import them, they do not show up in studio.  I tried it twice and the second time it show that it already existed so I did an overwrite.  I opened and closed BP thinking this would refresh the navigation panel but still not listing.  I haven't seen this happen before.  I am using BP V 6.9 if that matters.

Thanks,

Robert Borter
Systems Architect
Virginia Dept of Transportation
America/New_York

Hi @RobertBorter,

Apologies for the delayed response. So you do not see an entry in the Default process or object group for Blue Prism - Oracle MDA Test (process) or Blue Prism - Oracle MDA (VBO)?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Eric,

Is this Asset relevent for 6.10.1?  Whenever I go to your DX link, I receive a "Access Denied!" error.  Am I able to be given access to this asset?

Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York

Hello @Dan Svantner,

The link from last year is no longer active. Here's the updated link for that asset:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/oracle-mda---utility

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks Eric.  Just a note, the object name looks like it changed as some point so all of the references in the process need to be remapped from Data - Oracle (MDA) to Blue Prism - Oracle MDA.

Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York