cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting issue with Tag Item Action stage

AmareshGadagin
Level 2
Hi Team,

I am working on one business logic where I am passing Item ID from main process to sub process. In sub process after performing some steps I am trying to update the Item ID by using 'Tag Item' action stage but whenever I tries to run that stage I am getting  error: 'This work queue item is locked by another process'.

I tested this action stage on 2 different Queue Items but every time I am getting same error.

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated !!

Let me know if any additional information is required.

Best Regards,
Amaresh

------------------------------
Amaresh Gadagin
5 REPLIES 5

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @AmareshGadagin1

By default Blue Prism block the item when you use the action "Get Next Item". Only one process can work with an item at the same time.

If you want to update the tags you must to unlock the item first by marking as completed or deferating it, and then change the tags.

Hope this helps you!!

See you in the Community, bye 🙂
​​​

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi Amaresh,

This issue is happening most likely of the fact that your work item is currently locked. Whenever Blue Prism works on any item, the item status changes from Pending to Locked by that process and the item ID is returned. If you work item is locked by some other process, Blue Prism wont be able to retrieve it in the current session and continue to work on it.

To resolve it temporarily, you can unlock the item from Control Room and try to continue the debugging but on a permanent solution, you might have to check your solution once so that this item is retrieved properly and worked upon.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your help.

I am facing this issue in the v6.10 environment and there are no any preconditions for the 'Tag Item' Action stage. If I use 'Update Status' action stage then yes I will get the above error since 'Update Status' action stage has precondition that "The item must have been locked by this process", but for 'Tag Item' action stage there is no such condition so this action stage should work in any sub process without any issue.

197.png
Correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks,
Amaresh

Amaresh Gadagin

Hi Devneet,

Thanks for your help.

I am facing this issue in the v6.10 environment and there are no any preconditions for the 'Tag Item' Action stage. If I use 'Update Status' action stage then yes I will get the above error since 'Update Status' action stage has precondition that "The item must have been locked by this process", but for 'Tag Item' action stage there is no such condition so this action stage should work in any sub process without any issue.

198.png

Thanks,
Amaresh

Amaresh Gadagin

Hi Amaresh,

I would suggest you to not go by Pre Conditions as they are not automatically generated and are usually maintained manually by the development team whoever is responsible for building that action so there is a high chance that they might forget to update it since I myself have faced such issues so many times in past.

As a thumb rule, what I have observed is whenever blue prism works on any kind of an update for any work item (Status, Priority, Tags etc.), it locks the item and gets the item ID from the back end database. So if in any action, you are passing Item ID then be sure that it is going to use the same concept which I explained in the post.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.