cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looping through orders works in Test environment but not Dev

GracieDevine
Level 4
Hello,

There is a process that I'm moving from one environment to another, besides changing passwords and usernames, I didn't make any other changes to the business object.

The Save and Open Report page downloads an Excel file and then enters the relevant information into the web browser to create a Purchase Order. When I send an order to the Test machine, it will loop through the extracted report and create 5 orders (for example).

36554.png
However, when I run this process in Dev, it will only show 1 of 1 even if there are more lines to select.

Is there something in the environment that could be affecting this? I checked the input and output parameters, the collection name, but it seems to all be correct. Could something have changed from one environment to the other?
4 REPLIES 4

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @GracieDevine1

Just one thing... Are you using the "Credential Manager" to storage all the credentials for your Processes and Objects? (I think this is not the cause of the error, but is best practise to use it. Also, when you move from one environment to other, you don't need to alter your objects changing the usernames and passwords, more easy to use 😄 )

As I understand, you download an Excel file with many lines inside, and then you loop over the lines to create new Purchase Orders.

Two questions here:

1. Can you debug your process against production to check step by step what is going on?
2. Can you compare these two excel files? (Dev VS Pro) To see if is some environmental data problem.

See you in the community, bye 🙂

GracieDevine
Level 4
Hi Pablo,

No, I am not using the Credential Manager, but I will now! I've only been using Blue Prism professionally for a few months so thank you for telling me about this 🙂

And yes, you understood correctly. The bot deletes the Excel file after the information has been extracted, but I ran the bot in Prod and stopped it at the stage when it downloads the report. I did the same thing for Dev and found that the files really were only one line in length.

Our Oracle Dev environment is a little different from Prod; in Dev it will search through a list of requisitions, but I was confused by the UI. I was seeing an entire list of requisitions and thinking that they were included in the Excel file, but they weren't. The bot was working as it should, it's just that I didn't realize Oracle was showing more than what the bot was looking for.

I hadn't thought from that perspective so thank you 🙂

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @GracieDevine1

For the Credential Manager part, here you have the course from the Blue Prism University: ​Blue Prism® Credentials and Credentials Manager
This will level up your processes 🙂

And for the problem, is everything solved and the bot works correctly?

Bye 🙂

GracieDevine
Level 4
@PabloSarabia Thank you for the link to the course! And yes, the bot problem is solved :)​