cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global send keys not typing the first character of the text

KT
Level 4

Hi,

I have an element that i use action "Global Send Keys" to type on a text box. I notice that it will always skip the first letter of the text. Tried to enter a value on the interval (0.25) as well. Still the same results. Appreciate any ideas on how to correct this?

------------------------------
Kris Toledo
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kris Toledo,

Before using Global send keys Did you get chance to Activate the Applicaton and focus it( Activate Application, Focus, GSK)?

if not I would try that option first  Also  if the above option is not working I will add some more additional action Along with Activate Application + Focus+ Global Mouse Click Center+ Global Send Keys)

it seems not logical but some of the application which I tried worked this approach, Some time I use multiple Global mouse clicks centers Before  Global send keys.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Kris,

As Suggested by Harish you can use Focus, Global Mouse Click Center and Global Send Keys with a minimal pause in between each action.

24286.png

This will ensure that the cursor is in place before the Keys are sent.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Hi Kris,

Just check if there is any space in the text or not. If there is no space then you can send CTRL + V in send keys like "^v" this. It may work. Below is the way how you can achieve. and also before perform the same try one click action as well.

24287.png

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo