Did you mean: 

Google Chrome and errors on attaching to an “Open” Window

LisaMartino1
Level 3
BP 6.9
Chrome 88.0.4324.146
Extension 6.9 installed

Hello,

I am having trouble attaching to a “Open” Window from Google Chrome while headless. It is a window that pops up from the website to browses for a file… Works just fine when I am watching…. Example of the window below:

The attach stage is:

Has anyone come across this? 

Thank you for any suggestions!

5 REPLIES 5

LisaMartino1
Level 3
For some reason my screenshots did not post in original post:
36413.jpg
36414.jpg
36415.jpg

NarayanRimal
Level 3
I was able to spy this window using IE but you have to create a separate object. But for some reason using the chrome I was not able to spy the Open File Explorer Window even after creating the new object to attach. Please post if you find the solution using the Chrome.

NarayanRimal
Level 3
I have found a way to spy the Open File Browser window in Google Chrome. If you are using virtual machine for the spying, please do not use control room and debug mode at the same instance. When you use Control room do not debug and vice versa. I have attached the screenshot for Attach Screen and Application model.

KaylemAttwood
Level 2

@NarayanRimal could you please explain which application you used in the Application Modeller?

I'm having trouble with attaching and ID-ing elements in Chrome's 'Open' Window.​

NarayanRimal
Level 3
@Kaylem Attwood I have sent you the details on your message, in addition to that here is the screenshot of the attach stage, Plus the application modeler that I have used. When I initially created the app model I used IE, but you can still attach it to the chrome window with the following attach stage.

36416.png
36417.png