cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Mode not shown

Venkata_Sreedha
Level 4
Hi,   I have two business objects. The design approach is - the first business object launches a web application and the second business object attaches to the launched web application and does some data retrieval. I am able to launch the web application using the first business object but I am not able to attach to the web application using the application modeler of 2nd business object. I then wrote a new action in which I used a navigate stage to attach to the web application. I gave the "Window Title" and "Process Name" but I received an error message saying more than one application matched the criteria. There is only one web application with that name but still I got this error message. I then gave the "Child Index" value as "1" and then I am able to attach to the web application using the Navigate action stage. The issue I am facing after attaching to the web application (from the 2nd business object) is that - I am not able to get HTML mode when spying the elements in the attached web application. When I tried switching modes, I am getting "Region", "AA" and "Win32" modes but I am not getting HTML mode. I tried several options like detaching the web application from the first business object and then attaching to the 2nd one, tried all the options in the "Application Manager Mode" (Embedded/External 32 bit/External 64 bit etc) but none of these worked. I am not able to get HTML mode after attaching to the web application from second business object. Can someone help me how to solve this issue (how to get the HTML mode displayed when trying to spy the web application)?  
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
IE runs multiple EXEs and you have to attach to the correct one for HTML mode to work. You can think of the main EXE as the outer window if IE - the menu buttons, the status bar etc. The web app itself, ie the HTML, is running as a separate EXE, and that is the one you need to attach too. Try Child Index 0 but make sure you read this document for a fuller explanation. https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-09/Browser%20Automation%20Guide_0.pdf