cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Spying Problem

CharlesBaker
Level 3
Hello,   We are having a problem using HTML spying in Internet Explorer to spy some HTML text boxes/buttons. The problem is that during spying the highlighted rectangles do not line up with the locations of the actual screen elements, everything appears shifted. We have also tried using the application navigator but have the same problem - we can identify the elements but the location of the spying rectangle on the screen does not match up with the real element location. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there some setting in IE or Blue Prism that we must enabled/disable?
8 REPLIES 8

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I suspect it's a scaling/rendering issue rather than an identification problem. Try interacting with the element from the object diagram and you'll probably find it works as normal and it's just the red highlighting that is offset.

CharlesBaker
Level 3
Thank you for the reply, unfortunately that is not the case. We have tried highlighting a button and the rectangle is offset, when we never-the-less try to use this identified element to do a ""Global Mouse Click"" Blue Prism clicks in the wrong part of the website and not on the actual button.

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
Is the Zoom of your browser set to 100%? (Internet Explorer > Settings menu > Zoom). I had the same issue and changing it to 100% fixed it.

XianglingLiu
Level 3
Thank you,Melissa__Genao. I faced the same issue yesterday and resolved it followed by your advice.  

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi Charles,
Did you got this issue solved?
Actually,I was spying "LinkedIn" and problem is only with this website,all spying elements appear offset.
I tried other websites all worked well but what to do if we encounter issue with any particular website. I completed most of work with Accessibility Mode,but I need HTML to capture "Name attribute"
 Regards 

Gaurav

------------------------------
Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

Typically the reason is as Melissa pointed out that the zoom level needs to be set at 100% or the red boxes will be offset from the elements.

If your zoom level is set to 100%, then the next thing I'd verify is whether there may actually be two elements for each visible element. If you're using Match Index, change it to 2 and see if it highlights the correct element. If that works, then you might want to consider including a Width>10 or something like that to exclude invisible elements.

If it's neither of those two things, I wanted to ask, does it not work when you attempt to read the Name attribute? I understand that it highlights the wrong part of the page, but it's possible it will still return the right value.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave,
Thanks for response.
I have tried everything with the linkedIn webpage but problem remains same.
I have completed work with Accessibility mode and still looking for solution to HTML.
Regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

Thanks a lot, Melissa. I had this issue and your solution just worked well!
Vary happy with it 🙂

Allyson Rodrigues