cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out whether or not a BluePrism process is finished?

DmitriiPisarenk
Level 2
Hello!

On a machine that has no BluePrism client, I want to

1. start a BluePrism process via a SOAP call and
2. wait until that process has completed.

Both these things need to be implemented in Java.

I know how to start a BluePrism process, but I have difficulties with figuring out how to find out whether it has completed or not.

Reading a process state from the database is out of question because the admins won't allow this.

How can I determine the state of a BluePrism process (running, successfully completed, failed) from Java and on a machine that does not have a BluePrism client installed (therefore I cannot use the AutomateC command-line tool)?

Thanks in advance

Dmitrii Pisarenko
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If the process provided an output you could check for it.

------------------------------
John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks for your answer.

> If the process provided an output you could check for it.

How exactly can I do it?

Also, on StackOverflow someone told me that the response to a SOAP request is sent after the process has finished. If this is true, I could simply wait for the arrival of the SOAP response. Is it correct, i. e. is true that the SOAP response is sent to the client (my application that started the BluePrism process by sending a SOAP request) after the process has finished?

Thanks

Dmitrii Pisarenko

Dmitrii Pisarenko

Add output parameters to the End stage of the process in the same way as you would in an object. Then when you call the WS you should see the values returned.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

@Dmitrii Pisarenko - Yes Blue prism will return WS response only once a process is completed. You can make a call accordingly in your java code to wait at that line of code for response. Also in your process handle exception and success and accordingly return output parameter from end stage of process along with other data that you need from process in case of success.​

Mayank Goyal

@Mayank Goyal @John Carter Thanks!​​​​

Dmitrii Pisarenko