cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Identify Offline Bots

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi,

My bots are working fine in Production. Some times, may be once in a week one of the bots are going for offline state because of certain reasons like server. We are solving the issue during working hours by logging into VM.
I want to know is there any Option in Blue Prism and any other tool which sends us an email when the Bots go Offline. So that we can immediately take action on the issue during weekend or non working hours.

Thanks in advance

VINOD

------------------------------
vinod chinthakindi
11 REPLIES 11

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Best way I've found is making an http call to the robot. If it replies, it's online. You can do that through Blue Prism itself using the Utility - HTTP object, or from external code. As far as I know, Blue Prism doesn't have anything built in for this. It makes sense that it can't monitor itself for whether or not it's online. I think if they did implement some kind of alert for that, it would have to be through the Blue Prism server application.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

sumire
Level 8

Hello,

You can see status information of each RR in the "BPAResource" table in DB.
I use PowerBI to create a dashboard to see the table, and put it on the Microsoft Teams tab.
This way is easy to create and monitor, and it is not difficult to send notifications to my PC by mail,  Teams notice and so on.

Hope this helps.

Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo

KotaSuto1
Level 5
Hi,
I think you can use 'DML Trigger', which is the default function of SQL Server.
This function works when a record in the specified table is updated, deleted, or inserted.
If you combine this and Database Mail, the notification mail could be send without any other tools when resource PCs becomes offline.

References(MS Documentation):
DML Triggers
Configure SQL Server Agent Mail to Use Database Mail

I hope you will find it helpful 🙂

Kota Suto
Japan

Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for your response.
can you specify what are the inputs I have to provide to call robot using http utility.
what can be address url - is it IP address of VM?
what could be body, content type and method to call a Bot?

Thanks

vinod chinthakindi

Hi Mitsuko,

Can you specify the exact query to fetch "BPAResource" table in DB. by using data sql server vbo?
Thanks

vinod chinthakindi

Hi vinod,

No, I don't mean to use SQL or VBO.
I use Microsoft PowerBI, and I specify DB directly in PowerBI.

You can use DB tables in PowerBI in similar way that you use tables in Microsoft Access. Just try PowerBI.

Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo

Vinod check out the Help at Interface > Advanced options > Resource PC commands for a description of the HTTP API. Typically you'd use the machine name (or IP) something like this.

http://PC123456:8181/user%20name%20MyUserName%20&password%20MyPassword&ping

Note that the above is using native auth and the ampersand is used to combine the user name, password and ping commands as one.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John, 
Thanks for your response. I think for calling a process, first we need to expose it to as Webservice. I remember few months ago, we have created a process and exposed as web service, then called using http request, but we have received an error like it is not able to recognize or not able to connect IP.

vinod chinthakindi

Hi Mitsuko,
Thanks for the reply. I don't have any knowledge on PowerBI and we dont have any person in our company who works on PowerBI. 
Can I use any trial version or should I go with premium one.?  can you suggest in which VM/machine we need to install in order to read DB tables/data.?

vinod chinthakindi