cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lauch Reflection Mainframe APP

samuel_a_thomas
Level 3
Hello, I would like to launch mainframe application. But it€™s a reflection mainframe. I tried to define it as a windows app because I found an ".exe" but even if the mainframe is launched, in spying mode I cannot capture properly the environment. So I need to define it as Mainframe app and find « .ws » (IBM Mainframe Session File) or « .r2w » file or « .rfw » file (Attachmate reflection Settings) I have only ".rsf" file to launch the mainframe. But I do not think it is handle by BP. Could you please tell me how would you configure the app wizard in my case ? Thanks in advance for your feedback. Kind Regards Sam
9 REPLIES 9

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Hi, Even I am having same issue. Can you share the solution if already solved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only way I have found to actually solve this, is by executing a codestage which uses ShellExecute to open the path to emulator. Hope this helps.

RadoslavHiko
Level 4
I also had Attachmate Reflection mainframe and I made macros to interact with it :) The truth is I did not make it work through the mainframe API's.

GopalBhaire
Level 10
I was able to attach the session to mainframe. Just not able to launch (in the same object).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make a launch page in your object with the following code stage: Dim p As New System.Diagnostics.Process Dim s As New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo([PATH TO R2W OR R3DX FILE]) s.UseShellExecute = True s.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Normal p.StartInfo = s p.Start() Add ""mscorlib.dll"" in External References and ""System.Diagnostics"" and ""System.Threading"" in Namespace Imports. This should launch your reflections mainframe emulator and you should then be able to attach to it.

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Thanks timmorthorst, used Shell() function to launched.

Gulam_AbbasAlwa
Level 3
Hello, We are trying to launch an application WRQ Reflection for UNIX and Digital Version 11.0 and have referred to the document on the portal http://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-09/How%20to%20configure%20Micro%20Focus%20Reflection%20for%20Desktop.pdf which seemed like the most relevant as our application is r2w based. The document mentions some configuration changes before we connect to Blue Prism. We are not able to find these configurations in our application. Still trying to work out why we can't see those setting options. Also the document from the portal says reflection version applicable is Version 16 and version 9.x but our application is version 11. Is version 11 supported by Blue prism for automation? Since I was not able to make any configuration changes, I tried to create the object with the application as mainframe in application modular and type as “Micro Focus Reflection 9.x and earlier” as well as “Micro Focus Reflection for Desktop 16”.  The file type we selected in R2W. When I tried to launch the application, I am getting the an error ""Cannot create ActiveX component"". Has anyone managed to resolve a similar issue. Thanks, Abbas

maathavanP
Level 3
What is the BP version you are using. I am using reflection workspace and BP version 6.0 and my emulator session file type is .rd3x format and I am able to configure the App modeler successfully and automate my  mainframe application.