cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain window title in Web application?

HarishM2
Level 6
Hi,

I'm automating share point through Internet Explorer . I want to Obtain window  title for attached Application. How can iI obtain title for Attached Web application.

Thanks,
Harish

------------------------------
Harish
RPA Developer
4 REPLIES 4

david.l.morris
Level 14
You should be able to use a Read stage to get an attribute value. I suppose it depends what element you're retrieving the attribute value from.

If you spy the entire window in Win32 mode, then you should be able to get the Window Title out of the 'Window Text' attribute. Use a Read stage on the Win32 element using the action 'Get Text'.

If you use AA mode to spy the entire window, then you can do something similar but this time in the Read stage, the attribute may be called 'Name' and the action may be called 'Get Name'. But it gets the same text.

For UIA mode again spy the entire window, and then it's the same as AA where the Read stage action is called 'Get Name', but attribute in the list is actually called 'UIA Name'.

I'm not sure you can get the actual window title name from HTML mode. Maybe there's a way, but I don't see it and I think it'd be webpage dependent.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks Dave 

Harish
RPA Developer

Hi Dave,

For automation using chrome. How the attribute & values will differ in different mode ?
Thank you

Madhu Garg

I'm not sure I understand. Are you asking what the differences are in the attributes of Win32, AA, UIA, and Browser modes? Or are you just asking whether the Window Title reported from each would be the same or not?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA