cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to quickly fetch the Target Application URLs for Chrome and IE based Processes

esaugos
Level 6
Hi All,

I am looking for a solution to quickly export the Target Application URLs for chrome and IE based Processes in Blue Prism instead of manually checking the dependencies of each and every process and further drill down the details from Application Modeler. Sometimes the URLs are not present in the command line parameters in Application Modeler, then we have to open see the launch actions to check the command Line Parameters from there or from the Work Queues. This is a very hectic task when the Processes count is huge and is almost impossible to check each and every process in a short span of time. 
Is there any way to get this data in some structured format in excel which can be quickly pulled from Blue Prism settings?

Please suggest.
RPA Solution Architect
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Saurabh,

If your Target Application URL's are present inside the 'Command Line Parameters' of your business object, then you can use the below SQL query to get the results for any given object name:

SELECT [name], [ProcessType], [description],
  CAST(processxml AS XML).value('(/process/appdef/apptypeinfo/parameters/parameter[2]/value)[1]','NVARCHAR(max)') AS [Target Application URL]
  FROM [Blue Prism].[dbo].[BPAProcess]
  WHERE ProcessType = 'O' AND name = '<Object_Name>'

NOTE: Replace the <Object_Name> parameter with the name of the object for which you want to retrieve the result.

34903.png
If you want to use this query to retrieve all the target application values instead of supplying any object name then just simply remove the following line from the query:

AND name = '<Object_Name>' 

So your query to retrieve Target application URL's from all the objects would be as follows:

SELECT [name], [ProcessType], [description],
  CAST(processxml AS XML).value('(/process/appdef/apptypeinfo/parameters/parameter[2]/value)[1]','NVARCHAR(max)') AS [Target Application URL]
  FROM [Blue Prism].[dbo].[BPAProcess]
  WHERE ProcessType = 'O'​

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

------------------------------

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Neel1
MVP
one thing on top of Devneet reply - ideally URL need to maintain in env variable or config file . so it is easier to fetch from there as well. isnt?

Ideally yes Neeraj, I would agree to your point as it makes all reusability and maintainability proper and easy for us especially while moving across environments since application URL's can change a lot of times in different environment and hard coding all those parameters within an application modeler is not really a good practice.

But again as per what I have seen in many projects still for some reason the application URL's are hardcoded especially for such applications where many times a separate development or testing environment is not provided at all. So at these situations I have seen developers hardcoding these URL's as well within the Application Modeler which I also am not a strong advocate of.​
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com