cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an email to multiple recipients from Blueprism ?

SwatiAgrawal
Level 5
Hi,

I am quite new to Blueprism. I have been trying to use blueprism to send out a mailer to certain recipients (around 30 people). I should be able to write the subject as well. In the actions, I can see Business Object: MS Outlook Email VBO  and the action : "Send Email". But I am not able to figure out how to write text in the "Value" for each "Names". If I write an email ID in the value for "To" with double quotes then it says "Invalid expression". Please suggest how to write text in every field.
Thanks in advance.

11585.png

------------------------------
SWA
15 REPLIES 15

I don't know how to send my logic��.Please tell me how to send.

Hi Revanth,

I am also facing the same issue, could you please tell me how you resolved the issue?

Priyanshi Chauhan

Hi Priyanshi, 

- Create a data item 'Email addresses', with type 'Text'
- Populate the data item with all email addresses you wish to email to, use a ; (semicolon) as a divider between the individual addresses (eg. me@abc.com; you@abc.com)
- Use the data item [Email addresses] in the 'To' parameter on your 'Send Email' action
- Done

Of course you can put the email addresses directly on the 'To' parameter, but for the ease of reuse and readable structure, I prefer the use of a data item.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

MeghanStark
Level 3
The suggestion of using a data item isn't wrong, but a best practice would be to set up an environment variable with all of the email addresses you'd like to use. That way, if you ever need to update that list, you can do so from the environment variable rather than the process and avoid creating a new release.

Meghan Stark
Senior Analyst
Legal&General
America/New_York

Hi Meghan,

Of course this could be a very good next step.

Or, as in our case, we use the data item as a process parameter so that the Process Controller can adjust the email address to the new reality all by themselves - hence my data item proposal.

The main thing is to get away from defining values for eg. email addresses in any process. That should be a clear no-no.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Exactly! It's so important to keep business data out of the objects and processes, which is something we've learned along the way.

Meghan Stark
Senior Analyst
Legal&General
America/New_York