cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send double click using keystrokes for not spied element

SujathaChebrolu
Level 2
Hi,

I am not able to spy the element in CRM application.

So i used keystrokes to highlight the element , now i want to double click on that element.

Could you please advise how to do that?

Regards,
Sujatha

------------------------------
Sujatha Chebrolu
Blueprism Developer
Reliason
5 REPLIES 5

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hello Sujatha,
Can you please let me know the below queries . I t will help me better understand.

1. Which key strokes did you use to highlight and how you achieved it?
2.Does the application have any scripting support or native language support?

*Note* If you are unable to spy then surface automation can be one of the viable solutions. Also, Check for Hotkeys combinations to achieve the same result.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

Hi Ved,

I am using CRM application and spying customer window elements.

I used ESC and Element starting name so that it directly goes and highlight the element. 
After that I sent global mouse double click on CRM application to double click the element.

It is not clicking as expected.
Sometimes working but sometimes double clicking on somewhere withing the same window.

Regards,
Sujatha

Sujatha Chebrolu
Blueprism Developer
Reliason

Hi Sujatha,

Is the text on the screen static and unique enough that you can utilize surface automation?  That should give you more confidence in where you double click. Alternatively, if that is not an option but the element is always in the same location, provided that the screen resolution on your bot machine is identical to that on your development machine, you can try using X Y coordinates for your click action.

If you're sure the method you've started with is the best way, to resolve the issue you state where it clicks in alternate locations, double check your screen resolution and ratio (widescreen versus standard can make a large difference) and that the window is maximized in all circumstances.  Also, if it is a web based application, check that the zoom setting is always 100% (or consistent between sessions) as that has been shown to cause issues as well.

I hope this helps.

Diane Sanzone

Hi Sujatha,
you can try to set focus then sendkey.
rgds
Joe

Joe Lim
Senior Solution Consultant
Blue Prism (Singapore)
Asia/Singapore

Hello Sujatha,
I think if your screen elements are fixed in screen layout you can build relationships and go for co-ordinate based surface automation. 

But please use check exist for the region mode element and try to validate if the button text is as expected for a double check point.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer*
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------