cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Screen Resolution while using scheduler (login agent)??

YogeshSharma1
Level 3
Hi BP Community,

I have a query related to BP, the default screen resolution on the VM we are using for BP is 1920*1080. However, BP changes it to 1136 * 435 while using logging agent (automated run from the scheduler).
Is their any way we can login to 1920*1080 screen resolution while using logging agent from scheduler.?
Kindly help!

Thanks,
Yogesh Sharma

------------------------------
Yogesh Sharma
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @BalramsinghK_S - I do have the Powershell script and Bat file - although I have not used this for a while now but see if this helps you to set the screen resolution - the default value in the script would be 1920X1080. * It works only in unattended mode i.e. via login agent.

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Hi @BalramsinghK_S ,

I did build a code stage way back on the Community Forum to help another user with a similar problem. You can find the same in the attached document with detailed steps. However, if this code stage does not work, you need to check with your IT team if we have the relevant registry settings are in place or not.

The way I have used it in past is to have a separate page to first get the resolution settings using the Utility - Environment VBO and then check if they are same as the expected resolution settings stored in my environment variables. If not, I use this custom VBO for changing the resolution to my expected resolution settings as shown below:

15759.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Attaching the file here, since it is not allowing me to do the same in my prior post while editing the same.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

We had the same issue setting display resolution on a VM through the Utility VBO 10.0.0. We debugged on the RR, and found the PS Script in the VBO was getting blocked as Execution Policy in the security policies was "undefined". After setting the Execution Policy to "Remote Signed", the Set Screen Resolution action started working.

Thanks,
Kapil Gupta
Thanks, [FirstName] [LastName]

Just to add some info from an Infrastructure Engineering perspective.

Most Virtual Machine systems (for example Hyper-V, VMware or cloud platforms like Azure VMs) have no facility to dictate the screen resolution of the running VM from it's settings. The default appears to be 1024x768 (that is the case for Azure VMs). This is because there is no requirement for it. Whenever a user wants to see the VM screen they use RDP which has it's own way of setting the screen size which is independent of the screen size before the user connects via RDP!

In our environment we are able to run PowerShell, and we installed the PS module (this is the module PowerShell Gallery | DisplaySettings 0.0.2) that enables Set-DisplayResolution, but it does not work. The command runs without error but the screen resolution in the headless VM does not change (we tested this by reating a process that runs the PowerShell then takes a full screenshot). So I would advise against using that method.

The method that does work is to use the Blue Prism utility that changes the screen resolution, this utility essentially navigates the interface Control Panel > Display etc. and manually picks a new resolution from the drop down. Note! This only works in a 'headless' VM and not in a session that is being remote controlled by RDP. Because when you RDP you see the issue in the last screenshot above (posted by Balramsingh K S) and the drop down cannot be accessed.

Hope this helps someone
Ian

Ian B