cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In any of the Blueprism versions suipports chrome or Firefox versions

Karthikrao1
Level 2
Hello,Am trying to spy the objects /elements in chrome browser but as soon as I launch the application through blueprism the "Identify" button is completely disabled.Kindly help me out because the application supports only chrome browser which I must have to Blueprism in chrome browser only.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The Browser mode in Blue Prism uses an Internet Explorer COM interface - so that will only work with Internet Explorer.   Internet Explorer is a far more static/stable application to interface for enterprise RPA as it's COM api has been used by Blue Prism since IE 6, in that period Google is on it's third API.  Also updates are easier to control. If you really need to use Chrome or Firefox in v5 and the first versions of v6 your only option is to interface with it as a windows application, Accessibility Mode should be able to interact with most screen elements.  On the roadmap is Microsoft UIA which will be better than Accessibilty mode (due out in Q1 2018) and Blue Prism is currently prototyping a new browser interface that will work with IE/Edge/Chrome/Firefox but is still in it's early development stages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any indication for when the chrome/Firefox integration will be ready? Philip

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
No - it is currently just a prototype outside of the scope of any current development sprints or epics - so it is not scheduled for development.  Depending upon internal feedback from my team (which has been good) it will be scheduled in alongside other work - I would hope to see it at some point this year but cannot provide anything more concrete.