cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msra.exe (for Windows Remote Assistance) impossible to attach with application modeller

JulienLAURET
Level 2
Hello, Because i can't use the RDP connexion to my RR, i need to use the msra of Windows. Application Modeller don't recognize the window of the application and we can't attach it. What can we do ? BluePrism don't handle this native Windows application ?   Thanks in advance, Julien
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I think the recommendation is for your technical/system architect who is in charge of designing your Blue Prism infastructure platform reads and implements the advice given in the remote access tools document that Blue Prism provides.

JulienLAURET
Level 2
Thanks. Ok the remote access is one topic that my technical/system can cover. About the application modeller with msra, is there something possible ?   Thanks, Julien

YounesBenhoumic
Level 2
Hi, I am facing a similar problem when trying to launch msra.exe with the application modeller which is located at C:\Windows\System32\msra.exe  I can not launch it and Blue Prism is saying : Error - Failed to launch application - Failed to launch  C:\Windows\System32\msra.exe. (see screenshots)  When I try to launch a program which is in the same folder C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe it works !  I have attahced screenshots of the error and application modeller configuration.   Could you help us ? We can neither launch msra nor attach to it !

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you can't launch an app (in this case probably because of system dialogs that it has) then you will need to experiment a bit.  Try using the Utility - Environment Start Process action to start the exe and then see if you can attach to it once it is up and running.   Even better, if  msra.exe has command line options that can be used to do whatever you need add arguments to the Start Process action to do exactly what you need to do.