cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage - More than one window matched the query terms

Anonymous
Not applicable
If system has crashed and application is interrupted (here: Toad), when application is started again it has two identical windows. I can activate one of them but I get this error message when trying to read image of the window: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage - More than one window matched the query terms. If I close one of the windows manually, action works with the other one. Any ideas of how to solve this?
1 REPLY 1

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Else_Lyhne Use a block with a recover/resume stage around your read image action. After resuming, If you can activate one of the windows, perhaps you can press the ""close window"" button (spy this) or send keys/send key events to close one of the windows and re-attempt the read image action once more. Use a max re-attempt decision stage before re-attempting the read-image action, so you do not create an infinite loop. That combined with a wait stage with the ""Check Exists"" condition to check whether the confirm box (Save dialogue box(spy this)) is open at all, should give you an assurance as to whether the window exists at all. Hope that can help you. BR, Mustafa