cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a package and giving it input parameters

GaryMannion
Level 2

Hi All,

I need to call a package using Blue Prism. I need to give it an input parameter of Item ID. I can run this on SQL navigator and return results but unable to using Blue Prism. What format is required for Blue Prism. 

@Harish Mogulluri Thanks for the reply. The requirement is just to pass the dynamic value to the package and run. We then then need the output to be in Blue Prism.  What is the format that is required to do this? (Is this possible with out creating a stored procedure) It executes a PL/SQL block.

Declare
    req  Clob := '{"ItemID":"12345678","splitRawAct":"0"}';
    resp Clob;
Begin
    resp := dbo.pkg_order_Transaction.get_order_history (req);
    dbms_output.put_line (resp);

End;
2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Gary Mannion

I  would create a stored  procedure and pass the  input parameter to that stored procedure in blu prism. YOu can use Blue Prism SQL VBO to perform these action.

Not sure whether the requirement is to just pass dynamical value in the package. Can you give more information like what is the file type    and any other information which is relevant.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

harish.m
Level 12

Hi gary Mannion,

Instead of creating the package may be use this code in text file and  read the text file iand pass into  Blue Prism  and try whether SQL VBO will work with this code.
If it is working then you will get response in Blue Prism itself.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]