cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer Crash Issue

Ratan_SenChaud1
Level 3
Hi, While running BOT, I am frequently getting Internet Explorer Crash Issue (Internet Explorer has stopped working) And on same time in Control Room status becomes "Warning" (Control -> process Status -> Warning) and overall BOT processing is getting Paused.    Kindly let me know why BOT processing is getting paused? How I can avoid  Warning Status, So that BOT can kill IE and pick the next transactions   Thanks, Ratan Sen
3 REPLIES 3

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi Ratan,   Are You using windows 7 (screens looks like that) and also when this error happens? During IE launch/URL navigate?   Best regards Michal

IshanMahajan
Level 7
Your bot actually waiting for IE to respond,since IE crashed (but still running till some one manually click Ok), it has gone to warning status in control room, You can configure timeout in Application modeler to over come this, you need to make sure that this time out must be greater than maximum timeout you are using wait stages else you may observe some unexpected exceptions.   I hope this will help.

HarishM2
Level 6
  Hi Ishan,   Even we  are also facing the same internet explorer issue. I liked your suggestion about using Application modeller time out. So you are saying If we use Application modeller timeout > else where time out under wait stages in the object we can fix this issue? And application modeller time out is present under - (provide the time that the object will wait for the application to respond before throwing an exception ).? If it is can you elaborate how it will respond the process. For example BOT is running the  process suddenly Internet explorer  pop up appeared   the above condition will be satisfied (which is it reached more than wait stage time out example max time out ifor each wait stage  = 30 seconds it reached 31 seconds ) it will throw error where exactly this error will happen?  it is in the object or the process how can i restart the browser in this condition? I don't think Terminate action or close action work when pop is still hanging there.   Thanks