cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a REST API for Blue Prism that doesn't require HUB

TracyGreen
Level 4

Hello,

We are trying to use an api to add items to queues.  We tried exposing an object as a web service, but we will not be able to use it unless we dedicate one of our resource licenses to it.  I know there is a REST API that requires HUB.  We have not been able to get HUB installed and functioning.  Is there a REST API that doesn't require HUB that we might be able to use?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Tracy Green ,

This does remind me of a requirement I got from one of my previous clients who were on v.6.5 but wanted to utilize some sort of an API to populate work queue items. Since, we never had any REST API functionality at that version we went with a workaround that I suggested to them. What we did was create a Blue Prism process with background run-mode objects and we exposed the process as a SOAP API which Blue Prism provides by default. In our process, we created an input argument which would accept a JSON string with the details for all the queue item that we wanted to dispatch in our work queue. This process would simply decode the JSON string and create a collection of data items which are needed to be populated in the queue. Once the collection was built, it would add the items to the queue accordingly.

This helped us to achieve the goal at an expense of a running machine in the background whose job would be to only trigger the Dispatcher process whenever an API call was sent out. However, since the use case was not more like a real-time request where concurrent API calls had to be made hence, we were able to deploy this solution. If your requirement comprises of multiple parallel requests coming to the same machine, then you need to have some license consideration in place as well.

Furthermore, if you need to understand the concept and how it can be achieved, I did create a video where I integrated a chatbot on Google Dialog flow that interacted with Blue Prism process via APIs in order to get chat responses. Fundamentally, the concept would be the same and it can shed some light on how you can build the Blue Prism process with exposed API endpoints accepting an input parameter from the video. Only the part on how the Blue Prism API needs to be called depends on what your requirements are and how you are planning to make these calls ahead. 

You can find the video here: Google Dialog Flow Chatbot Integration With Blue Prism

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------
------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.