cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any process to update/create credential manager details

SANJIBSINHA
Level 4
Is there any process to update/create credential manager details without going to the system manager?

------------------------------
SANJIB SINHA
Software Senior Engineer

16 REPLIES 16

james.man
Staff
Staff
It is possible to update existing credentials using the Credentials VBO.  However you cannot create a new credential using the VBO.  A credential still needs to be created manually inside the Blue Prism -> System -> Security -> Credentials section.
30934.png

James Man
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

Thanks James for your update.
Lets' say If my process uses some web portal having a user id and a password for each vm/robot and my process need to be run in 100 vms. So, do you mean that i need to create entry inside credential manager manually for all the 100 VM ? or is there any other better way to do that ?

SANJIB SINHA
Software Senior Engineer
Asia/Kolkata

It would be possible to automate the creation of credentials using the Blue Prism command line utility (AutomateC.exe). For this you would need to use the /createcredential command. E.g.

/createcredential <name> <username> <password> [/description <string>] [/expirydate <date>] [/invalid <flag>] [/credentialtype <string>]

This command creates a new credential using the specified name, password and username. Username and password can both be represented with "" if not required.
A General credential type will be created is none is specified. The credential created will be universally available to all user roles, resources and processes by default.

Further information can be found in the in the Blue Prism help (When in the product select the question mark in the top right of the application or press F1), search for /createcredential.

James Marsh
Technical Consultant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi @JamesMarsh,

as suggested by you I tried creating a Credential using CMD. But I am getting an error as invalid arguments.​

30937.png

Kalpesh Gujrati
Consultant
EY India
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

You can omit these values such as [/description <string>] [/expirydate <date>] [/invalid <flag>] [/credentialtype <string>].

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Hi @Tetsuji Junicho,

Now I am getting a new error if I am eliminating the last part.

Kalpesh Gujrati
Consultant
EY India
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

It seems you don't have real valid Blue Prism User.
Do you have the "Test" User with password of "Test"?

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Hi,

As far as know it really not matters whether we have a valid pair of Username & Password for creating credentials.

I tried creating it manually, and it is working. But From cmd, I am not able to do so.

@JamesMarsh, could you please help me with the exact syntax for creating a credential from CMD.

Kalpesh Gujrati
Consultant
EY India
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Kalpesh,

If you've configured Blue Prism with native Blue Prism user authentication and you have to specify this in the command line before creating the credential. See below;

C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate>automateC.exe /user admin admin /createcredential "test" "test" "test" /description "test"
Successfully saved credential 'test'.

This parameter refers to the user creating the credential "/user admin admintest". With Microsoft AD authentication you would replace this parameter with /sso.

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm