cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Schedules to allow for log in/ log out delays

jgregor4
Level 6
Hello, I am trying to build a schedule that will allow a process to be self sufficient due to the hours that is runs (3am-9pm).  The process is built along the standard principle of 3 system exceptions in a row or an un-handled exception to go to a terminate exception. What I am looking to achieve is to have the resource log on, confirm it is logged on and then run the process.  Throughout the day if the process terminates the schedule should log the resource off, then log it back on, check it is logged on and run the process.   The issue that I am seeing is that while the resource is logging on it causes a disconnect to the server resulting in a failure in the process to check if it is logged on which then throws the schedule to run the recovery log out procedure.   If the resource is not logged on it cannot run the process so this is very important to set up but I am really struggling to get something that works for the needs.   Are you able to offer any support or assistance?
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This is the known functionality of how login agent works.   Login Agent is a temporary resource PC service that runs as a windows service when not logged in, it is not the real resource pc full Blue Prism application that starts during your windows start up.   You need separate schedules for your login and your actual processes.

Hi, one other thing you could do is to configure the login agent on another port. Then you could have the login and the process in one scheduler. Regards, Sebastian

Hi, one other thing you could do is to configure the login agent on another port. Then you could have the login and the process in one scheduler. Regards, Sebastian

Yeswa_Vaibhav_1
Level 6
Hi Sebastian, How to configure the login agent on another port, can you provide information in detail. It would be helpful.

Hi ynerella,   you just need to change the LoginAgentService.config file. You can find this here: 'C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3'. In there change the port value, thats it. After a restart of the machine everything should be fine!   Best regards, Sebastian

Sven_StienWullu
Level 4
Hi,   Even though I doubt it's good practice: You could make a process calling other processes. In your case a recover/resume through a log out, log in, check log in and back to your main process. I haven't tried this myself, and I suspect a ""log in"" within a process won't work when the resource is logged out.   If you don't absolutely need to log out, you could use ""Kill Process"" under ""Environment object"" to close any suspected running processes after your main process terminates. It's kind of dirty, but it might work.   -Sven