cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java automation descendtree

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi all,
i've just write another similar post, but unfortunately i'm in the same situation.
I'm doing automation through internet explorer and inside it there is a java web application. It is very slow, and in this case i've not the field to put descendtree,ignoreisnotshowing.
I try to select only "visible" selector, "ancestor count", "match index" and "name" but it is very slow.
I've also the same java desktop app, if i put descendtree,ignoreisnotshowing it is really quick, but i need to automate the web java application. There is a way to put the same descendtree,ignoreisnotshowing also in web app java??

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Vrat Himbo
14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

The issue you have described here is a known issue when it comes to automating java web application through IE, 

I will suggest trying to attach to a process called j2plauncher and see if that will speed up your process also please have a look at the following knowledge-based article which provides a different approach to interact with a java web based application.

Do I need to create an Object for a Java web based application? 

Benny Poumoko-Bafouatika
Customer Support Analyst
Blueprism
Benny Poumoko-Bafouatika Customer Support Analyst Blueprism

Thanks for the reply @Benny Poumoko-Bafouatika,
i've tried to replace my application modeller to java-based automation and put inside process name "j2plauncher" without .exe, is that correct?
Thanks for the approach in the guide.​

Vrat Himbo

Hi,

We are also having same issue with our process.
It is a java application which resides inside internet explorer.

We are attaching to j2plauncher and able to interact with application using java.
But it is too slow and it takes around 45sec per element to interact.

Thanks

Efe Oral

Hi @Efe Oral,
i'm able to attach the internet page without jp2launcher, but it's very slow automation.
For attach the jp2launcher, you've selected "Java based application" on application modeller and then put "jp2launcher" in​ process name?

Thanks

Vrat Himbo

Hi @VratHimbo,

Yes, as you said Java Based Application is selected and "jp2launcher" is set in process name.

Thanks​

Efe Oral

Thanks @Efe Oral,
in my case i'm not able to attach the web app with this method.
I'm waiting for some possible resolution from @Benny Poumoko-Bafouatika.

Thanks!​​

Vrat Himbo

@Efe Oral in your case, if you're able to attach with java based application, have you tried to put "descendtree,ignorenotshowing" in the last field of your application modeller?​

Vrat Himbo

@VratHimbo​​ we checked that first when we saw your post but didnt see descendtree or ignorenotshowing in application wizard options.

Efe Oral

29709.png
Here! Tell me if it works

Vrat Himbo