cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java automation descendtree

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi all,
i've just write another similar post, but unfortunately i'm in the same situation.
I'm doing automation through internet explorer and inside it there is a java web application. It is very slow, and in this case i've not the field to put descendtree,ignoreisnotshowing.
I try to select only "visible" selector, "ancestor count", "match index" and "name" but it is very slow.
I've also the same java desktop app, if i put descendtree,ignoreisnotshowing it is really quick, but i need to automate the web java application. There is a way to put the same descendtree,ignoreisnotshowing also in web app java??

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Vrat Himbo
14 REPLIES 14

@VratHimbo it worked like a charm. 45 sec became around 3secs which is quite acceptable.
 ​thanks a lot for the help.

here is what we do, hope this helps.
1) we setup object as java application
2) we first launch java application url on internet explorer (set internet explorer path to Path field and url to CommandLineParams field)
3) detach from internet explorer
4) attach to jp2launcher 
5) detach from jp2launcher
6) attach back to internet explorer

after this we are able to interact with everything and speed problem is solved after "descendtree,ignorenotshowing" command.

Efe Oral

I'm glad it works!
Unfortunately i'm unable to attach jp2launcher, which parameters have you inserted in windows title?
For me it works with * but it not attach my web java application.

Vrat Himbo

we just set jp2launcher to "process name". everything else is empty (no need to set windows title)

Efe Oral

Thanks for the help!
Just a confirm, you perform operation with java (button,check box, etc.) inside 3 & 4 step, so inside the attach jp2launcher?
My problem is: if i try to attach follow your step jp2launcher and try to highlight some java text button it doesn't find any match.

Vrat Himbo

We do all operations after step 6.
It may look weird to do java operation after attaching to internet explorer but got this working after trial and error.
With this we are able to connect to java application that reside in internet explorer.

can you give it a try like this and tell me if it works for you too.

Efe Oral