cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic to separate the emails

NayanaH_P
Level 4
Take input as 4-5 email ids separated by semicolon in a data item. Use logic to separate the email ids and fill in to different rows of collection(1 email id each in 1 row).
which function and the logic i have to use to store like above.

------------------------------
Nayana H P
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @NayanaH_P

Sorry but I don't understand why the solutions from @EmersonF and @Neeraj Kumar have not worked.

I try it in my local and it split all in 3 different rows inside the same Collection

I assume that you receive something similar to this:

19827.png
When you call the action "Split Text" from the VBO "Utility - Strings" you need to indicate the ​original text and the char to split. And as output parameter the collection that you want to store the info. This function has a third parameter, the "Collection Field Name". If you didn't fill this field, you need to add manually a column in your output collection called "Column1" (If you don't make this, the process will fail) (Maybe this was the problem, I don't know)

This is how I call it
19828.png
And this is the info that I have as output:
​​19829.png

I understand well from your last messages. You want to achieve this, without using the split function. This is hard, but not impossible... I try to explain, but as my friends have said, this is not the best way to do it.

This is the schema: 
19830.png
The idea of this is to make a loop over the text that contains all the mails. This loops ends when the Char Index of ";" inside the original text is 0 (means that no more mails in the text)

For every step of the loop I storage the info in the collection and replace the mail that I have storage in the collection for "".

This is what you are looking for? Or I'm wrong?

Hope this helps you!

See you in the Community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

This worked for me, every time I needed it

Emerson Ferreira
Cons, Intelligent automation
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil