cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent completed successfully but resources go to Offline state and No connection

SivakumarTK
Level 3
Hi All,
We are using VDI's. I am using login agent to login to other VDI's resources in order to run my process on multiple resources/ bots. When I run the login Agent, it completed successfully and no error. Before running the login agent, the resources were in Logged out State but connected however after running the login agent successfully, the resources go to Offline state and Connection is No. How to fix it?
Again, this happened after the login agent is completed successfully without any error's. The VDI are also connected remotely (Checked with the Infrastructure and they confirmed it).
Any help her is much appreciated.​

------------------------------
Sivakumar
Software Developer
Asia/Kolkata
11 REPLIES 11

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff

Hello Sivakumar

As you have mentioned that the resources go offline after the Login Agent performs its function successfully, is the scheduled process working fine after that? If not, you can look into the logs and see what are the errors being generated and share them with the Blue Prism Support team for further investigation  

Also, I would also suggest you to login to the Application Server at the same time and check what is the status of Runtime Resource at that time.

Regards
Karan Sareen

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

JerinJose
Level 10
@siva

Looks like you don't have a script in startup folder that launches a public runtime resource instance on system logon
Automate.exe /resources /public  
Create a batch script with above command and place it in startup folder

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Can confirm that this is definitely the solution, the Runtime Resource needs to be initialized after logon.

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

​a minor correction to my last post

for Blueprism native authentication

automate /resourcepc /user <username> <password> /public

or for a Single Sign-on user:

automate /resourcepc /public /sso

Run Blue Prism as a public Resource PC

automate /resourcepc /public

Last example should work for all irrespective of the configuration however its better to use the authentication switches based on the authentication type.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hello Jerin

Was wondering if you can help me on below issue - 

I have a multi-user VM. Each user account is running as resourcePC on different ports
e.g.
User1 - 8182
User2 - 8183 and so on

Is it possible to login to these different ports using login agent at same time? If yes, how?

Currently, If I run Login process on any one port, all other ports also return True for "Check Logged In" process

Thanks in advance for your help.

Indu Yadav
Senior Business Analyst
chanel
Europe/London

It appears to me that you are using remote desktop sessions.  There is a VBO for that on the Digital Exchange (DX),  The Login Agent should stay at 8181 as you pointed out each session/profile will need it's own port which can be defined in the Automate.exe startup script.  Note these are based on the Sessions not the VM itself.  

In this process instead of simply logging on as a given user, the normal method, which would essentially make the Login Agent Service dormant, it launches a Remote Desktop session for that user. Each user profile will require a dedicated port. 

It is important to note that not all applications work well in Remote Desktop environments which is why we tend to recommend using dedicated VM's.  In the end you want automations to run with minimal intervention.  Using Remote Desktop Sessions adds a lawyer of complexity.  If you are prepared to manage this and understand the impact It can be a workable solution and we have a number of customers who are doing fine with it.  It requires a solid understanding of the environment and how it will impact automations and the development of those automations.

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

​Hello Indu,

current Login agent object is designed to login using a single user. check-logged in is using below code
Logged_In = (GetLoggedInUsers().Count > 0)
so if 1 user is logged in it will set the flag to true.

There can be an alternate way to modify this object to check for specific user and continue to login if that user session is not available.
I have not tried it, but as long as login agent listen in port 8181 and other users listen in 8182 and 8283 you should be able to use login agent to login parallelly.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Thanks Steve for the details.

May you please provide me the link to the vbo you are referring and also if there is any documentation I can refer to.

Thanks again for your help.

Indu Yadav
Senior Business Analyst
chanel
Hong Kong