cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent not working as needed

MarcusAllen
Level 4
Hello All,

I have recently been trying to get Login Agent working on our Resource Server so that our BluePrism Server can access it without having to stay connected through RDP to the servers for the bot to be able to fully work. I'm not sure what I am missing.

I have the event log showing the Login Agent is in fact seeing events posted below:
19652.png
It is seeing the connections and the disconnection fine. But in Blue Prism Server when working with the Ui. It is not showing the key on the resource when logged out nor is it allowing any type of login action with login agent business object. Infrastructure has made sure the settings are correct in security settings and also I have even double checked it myself. I also have SASS installed as well just to be safe. I have been trying to get this working the last few weeks and I am at my wit ends. So if anybody have any advice or idea what could be causing my issues. We are using cloud based services and azure for a lot of our hosting so I'm not sure if that helps but just thought I add that out there.

I would truly appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,

------------------------------
Marcus Allen
Programmer Analyst II
Elliott Davis
6 REPLIES 6

jegendra
Staff
Staff

Hi Marcus,

Please ensure that Login Agent Service is running on the target Runtime Resource PC correctly.
You could run the following PowerShell command remotely to verify the status of Login Agent Service without an RDP intervention over the Resource PC.
GSV -ComputerName RR1 "Blue Prism Login Agent"

Also, ensure that Login Agent's listening port (8181) is exempted within the Windows Firewall or Azure VM's (The Resource PC hosting machine) Inbound Security Rules. 

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hello Jega,

I have confirmed that the Login Agent is currently running on the resource machine. Port 8181 is already exempted for the bot to actually run on the machine through Control Studio in BP. I will double check my securities again but it seems it is active. But the key icon is not showing at all in the UI for Blue Prism on our main server still. Any other tips I should try as I troubleshoot?

Thank you for your help on this,

Marcus Allen
Programmer Analyst II
Elliott Davis
NC

Marcus;

Could you walk me through how you are using the Login Agent?  The Login Agent Config file would be helpful.  Please redact any security information.  Please include the communication mode you are using as well.  

For clarity is this a VDI environment?

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

Hi Marcus,

take a look at the BP Support Center, there are several articles about Login Agent https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Installation-Platform/Installation/Login-Agent-Installation/1186825152/Troubleshooting-Login-Agent.htm

You will find a section "Common problems", hopefully you'll be able to find the solution on one of those articles.

Regards,

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Some things that might help:

• Event Viewer should have two LoginAgentService events on a successful start: "Starting login agent with config file:", and "User is not logged on - starting resource".
  • When the login agent service starts, it changes the AttributeID for the resource on the BPAResource table to 16, which is what causes Blue Prism to show the key icon for that resource on the control tab.
  • Once the Blue Prism listener is started, I believe the login agent service will step aside, so even if it still shows it's running, it won't be listening. If the Blue Prism listener is somehow running when Windows is not logged on, I believe that will keep the login agent service from doing its thing.
Since you're running in Azure, make sure you're working with VMs and not VDIs.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

Hello Steve,

You are the man. I saw that I used the connection name from the actual server instead of the local name. Thank you so much.

Marcus Allen
Programmer Analyst II
Elliott Davis
NC