cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent not working when the Windows account is logged out

KateKryvenko
Level 3

Hi, 

We are having an issue with the Login Agent on the Runtime Resource on our client's environment . BluePrism version 6.10.1 

First, I will describe how the Runtime Resource was set up:
We installed the BluePrism client on the Runtime, connected it to the BluePrism server. Everything worked perfectly fine. After that we installed the Login Agent from the "C:/Program Files/Blue Prism Limited/BluePrism Automate/Intallers" (so the version of the LoginAgent should be correct). While installing the Login Agent, we specified the correct connection name (the one we connected with to the BP Server). After that the windows service for the Login Agent was successfully created and started running without issues. 

Also, we have set up all the required Security Policy (Ctrl+Alt+Del, On-screen pre-login message, Display lock screen). After that the .bat file was added to the Windows StartUp folder with Automate.exe /resource /public command. It's also working, as when we connect to the Runtime Machine through RDP, the Listener starts and connection to the BP server is created successfully. After that the machine in Control Room is showing in state 'Idle'.

But the issue appears when we run the 'Logout' or 'Restart Machine' processes. After that machine goes to 'Offline' state and it never appears in 'Logged Out' state. 

The event viewer is showing the following warnings (it shows only when machine is in Logged Out state, not when it's working unders the account): 

36690.jpg
36691.jpg
36692.jpg
We have tried everything so far. So, I would really appreciate any help 🙂

13 REPLIES 13

KateKryvenko
Level 3
Hi @JerinJose,

We tried this approach, but after deleting the User.config and then relogging into the interactive client, the User.config was not recreated,

Maybe you know what can possibly prevent this config file from being created?

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Kate,

if the user config is not created there are some permission issues. launch interactive client with elevated privilege's (as administrator) and see if the file is getting created.
Also is your login agent running under Local System logon? or any specific account? if its running under different account change logon to local system account and try after restarting the login agent service.
36689.png

JerinJose
Level 10
and the location of the User.Config surprises me. usually it get created in "C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3" in your case it got created in a privilaged folder which normal user account cant access. may be whole issue lies there.

I'm starting to get an impression that you should raise a support ticket with blueprism team to do an analysis of your installation. community wont be able to help here much without seeing how your set it up i guess.

TelmoSantos
Level 2
Hi Kate,
I also ran into this issue. In our case, when the logout was performed, windows did not have enough time to release port 8181, that was occupied by the runtime started by the batch file in the startup folder.
We increased the Logout Delay variable on the Logout process to 15 secs and it is now ok.

We also had the same issue while logging in, when the batch file kicked in the port wasn't released in time, but Automate.exe already has a control for this, to try again after 2 minutes.
We ended up putting a timeout (pause in batch files) of 15 secs before starting the runtime to allow sometime for the port to be released.