cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Failure- 0xc000006e : indicates referenced user name and authentication information are valid, but some user account restriction has prevent successful authentication (such as time- of- day restrictions)

Arunsundaram
Level 2

Hi All,

we are facing the below error while using login agent. 

Login Failure- 0xc000006e : indicates referenced user name and authentication information are valid, but some user account restriction has prevent successful authentication (such as time- of- day restrictions)

kindly help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Sundaram

INFOSYS IT

------------------------------
Arun sundaram
1 REPLY 1

diane.sanzone
Level 7

Hi Arun,

I've experienced this same message in the past.  For me, it always had to do with how the AD account I was using was set up.  Within AD there are options to restrict accounts to log on only between certain times of day (used for things like contractors who should only be logged in during select hours) or to log on only to certain machines (in my institution we use that to restrict bot accounts to the VMs resident in their associated environment).  I would recommend checking all these settings on the AD account - it doesn't seem like a BP issue to me but more a user configuration thing. I'd recommend working with whomever created the account you're using to make sure none of those restrictions are blocking you.  If you have access to the password being used, try logging in manually on the same machine with that same account and see what error displays on the screen. Chances are it will be significantly more descriptive and point you to the true source of the error. 

Hope this helps!

Diane Sanzone