cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login failed. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:00--BP 7.1

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Team,

I have upgraded my application Server from BP 6.10.1 to BP 7.1 and when try to connect from my client machine 
ie "Sign in Using Active Directory" i get the below error message

Error Messgae :"Login failed. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time
allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."

have any one faced this issue post upgradation to latest version BP7.1??

26197.png

Regards,
Manoj

------------------------------
Manoj Kumar
Technical Lead
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Manoj

Have you installed version 7 on all the resource machines as well? also double check the BP server is running

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response!!
Yes i have installed Same Version(7.1) in client and Server Machines
The BP service is Running in Application Server but still i get this error

Regards,
Manoj

Manoj Kumar
Technical Lead
Asia/Kolkata

Update On Above issue:
===================
  • system Admin user is able to login via interactive Client from local machine but Normal BP users are getting the above error event though they have required permission .
    • Timeout error as shown in the original message

Manoj Kumar
Technical Lead
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Manoj,

We are also having the same issue, Is your issue resolved?

Venkatraman Kaliyaperumal

AbhishekKumar1
Level 5
Hi,

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/troubleshooting-sso.html This article can help you as you need to manually map the particular domain and forest name in your Blue prism database to get the authentication particularly from that AD domain only. It will speed up the authentication.

As in BP 7.1 it is now possible to configure the system to support users from across multiple forests within a common Active Directory Network Infrastructure. Even if you specify the domain in Sign-on setting you can see some delay while sign in because it fetches all the domain within the particular forest (for me it takes 8 sec every time and sometimes it goes to 40 sec). Also you can specify timeouts as well by following above article.

As per BP this will be resolved in future release.

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Upgrade-Expansion/Upgrade/1813008122/What-are-the-known-issues-in-Blue-Prism-Version-7-1-releases.htm

26196.png

Abhishek Kumar
-------------------------------------------