cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook VBO - rename "EntryID" email

BrittanyHarding
Level 3
Hi everyone,

I am trying to change the "EntryID" name in MS Outlook VBO, so that I can easily identify it in our Work Queue.
Right now this is what they look like when loaded into the queue (screenshot: 1)
17189.png

I'd like to be able to change the "EntryID" name to match the "Subject" line.

Please share information on this or any documentation, if available.
Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Brittany Harding
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Brittany,

I reckon setting the email Subject as ItemKey prior to sending the items to the WorkQ should fix your problem nicely. 

That said, you may want to check with your local GDPR officer to see if it would be allowable to have the Subject visible for all to see in ControlRoom. In my place of work it is definitely not, but obviously that depends on what kind of data your Subjects may contain.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Brittany,

I reckon setting the email Subject as ItemKey prior to sending the items to the WorkQ should fix your problem nicely. 

That said, you may want to check with your local GDPR officer to see if it would be allowable to have the Subject visible for all to see in ControlRoom. In my place of work it is definitely not, but obviously that depends on what kind of data your Subjects may contain.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Thank you so much, this is now working for me. I am such a donut. I should have known to change it in the Work Queue first.

Thank you
Brittany

Brittany Harding