cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Word - Object/code to select printer to print word document too

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All I am hoping someone can help. I am struggling to figure out how to get blueprism to print a word document to a specific printer. I believe the easiest way to do this would be through a code stage but unfortunately I am no coder. Is anyone able to help? Many thanks Paul
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The MS Word VBO has the option to save word documents to a folder, but not to print it out. Firstly, if you are considering your robots printing adhoc to local printers (in the same way that the manual process was worked) it would be worth time thinking about a better solution. A true Virtual Workforce would require a central printing solution - as lots of different robots/processes all printing to local printers at random times is not scalable and would be very difficult to support. If I was designing your printing solution for you I would be saving the documents to a central network folder location (a different folder for each process). If central printing is not already in place in your organisation I would then using some kind of command line code (I would need to google for this) to print all the documents for the same process together to the same printer - at the same time of day. If you need help designing or building this solution I recommend that you contact your Blue Prism mentor.