cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapIEx Send Mail action crashes Blue Prism application

WesGrey
Level 3
I've helped install MapIEx on many of my coworkers' computers. For one coworker, his Blue Prism application is crashing every time he runs the Send Mail action. There is no error screen: BP just freezes and the application screen fades out. However, the other functions of MapIEx work fine (Get Mail works just like all my other coworkers). The strange thing is that as soon as BP crashes, his configured e-mail delivers successfully. His installation looks perfect and consistent with the installations on my other computers: - I checked he's using the correct Mail profile. - He's using Outlook 32-bit. - The appropriate files are in the correct Blue Prism Automate directory. - The external objects and VBO have been applied correctly. The VBO code has been updated to point to the correct DLL as well. What can I do to prevent his Blue Prism from crashing?
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Strange? It must be an environment issue on his own PC that is causing the issue in some way. Have you played around with the Cache setting for the email account to see if that makes any difference?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Strange? It must be an environment issue on his own PC that is causing the issue in some way. Have you played around with the Cache setting for the email account to see if that makes any difference?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

Our systems security prevents us from making any changes to our cache. Any other possible tips? Thanks.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Did I say Strange?... Our knowledgbase guide mentions Cache setting as a way to solve performance issues when using Mapiex.... and I know it solved hanging/crashing issues for myself previously.

AnNgo
Level 2
I ran into the same exact issue and my solution was simply to restart my computer. I am assuming you've tried this already though 🙂