cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Vbo - Move Item

BrittanyHarding
Level 3
outlook vbo - move item - internal: could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code sage: the operation failed.

code:
try
Dim folder As Folder
Dim item = olNamespace.GetItemFromID(Entry_ID)

folder = GetFolderFromPath(Destination_Folder)

If (folder Is Nothing) Then
Dim ex1 As New System.Exception(VbCrlf + "Failed to locate folder '" + Destination_Folder + "'." + VbCrlf)
Throw ex1
End If

New_Entry_ID = item.Move(folder).EntryID

Catch ex As System.Exception
Dim ex1 As New System.Exception(VbCrlf + "Error while trying to move item '" + Entry_ID + "'." + VbCrlf + ex.Message)
Throw ex1
End Try

------------------------------
Brittany Harding
13 REPLIES 13

expertcr
Staff
Staff
It is a little strange that fail. But I have two recommendations:
1. Get the most recent version of the MS Outlook VBO from the DX (LINK HERE), import that one, and try again.

3. If importing the most recent version of the VBO, please get in touch with our technical support team by phone or create a ticket, and we will review your case.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Brittany Harding

Are you trying to move the item to a subfolder within the main mailbox or to a shared mailbox?

Cheers, 

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric, 

We are also facing same issue in Move Item action to a Shared Mailbox (sub-folder under inbox). I have seen some other community articles on this issue and implemented below steps, but no luck.

1. Imported latest MS Outlook Email VBO from DX.
  2. Disabled cache exchanged mode (it was enabled at starting, getting error. So disabled and tried)
  3. Naming conventions all correct
  4. Launched outlook and gave wait of a minute

Praveen Kumar

@Praveen Kumar,

Are you using the latest release of the Outlook VBO available on the DX?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@Eric, 

Yes, I'm using the latest version of outlook email vbo downloaded from the DX, I am able to move the email outlook item from Shared Mailbox Inbox folder to sub folder inside the inbox now.

(Previously i was only able to read emails from shared mailbox inbox but move item wasn't working from shared mailbox inbox to sub-folder of inbox)

• I have re-configured/added again the shared mailbox account and disabled the cache exchanged mode.
  • Instead of folder structure, i have used in this format \\mailbox@xxx.com\Inbox\DestinationFolder as inputs in move item

I have few more questions related to oultook. 

• Is it mandatory to configure the Shared Mailbox into a bot mailbox account as a first step?
  • Even though bot has access to shared mailbox, is it going to still do all the activities like send mail, read mail, move and delete mail without configuring the shared mailbox?
  • What is the actual best practice in using outlook email vbo? good to open from start to end of the process or it works without launching outlook at all?
  • Sometimes, mails are not delivering to the recipients after using send mail action. Mails getting stuck in Outbox and after launching the outlook, it loads the data and then shows up in sent items? any inputs on this behavior?

Thanks 

Praveen Kumar

Hi Praveen,

As I recall, the digital worker accounts will need to be added as members of the shared mailbox. Otherwise, they won't be able to access it. Once the DW has access to the mailbox, they should be able to perform all the necessary activities against that mailbox unless the Exchange admin has limited them to just reading. 

Regarding your last question about sending email, I haven't seen that behavior before. So you're saying the email is sent, from the perspective of the DW, but it's really sitting in the outgoing state until Outlook is restarted and then it actually sends? If so, that would seem to be an issue with the communication between the Outlook client and the Exchange server. If the email is shown in the outgoing folder (as opposed to say Drafts) that means Outlook knows it has an email that needs to be sent. It just hasn't communicated it to Exchange.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

As per the developer, bot sends multiple emails and only last one or two emails gets stuck in Outbox whereas others gets deliver during a process run. Whenever this happens he connects to outlook and opens the mails stuck in outbox and sends them again manually. How can I resolve this type of behavior? How to make sure the exchange communicates to outlook to send mail.

Also, is there any action available for refreshing/syncing the outlook folders?

FYI...I have disabled the Cache Exchanged mode

I suggested to keep outlook open throughout the process or just keep wait at the end of process to see if anything happens as a try.

Thanks

PRAVEEN

Praveen Kumar

Hi @Praveen Kumar,

There is a way to initiate a Send/Receive action on Outlook programmatically, but it's not exposed as an action on the VBO at the moment. Give me a day and we'll add a new action for it.

FWIW - I don't think this has anything to do with Cached Exchange Mode, so you can probably turn that feature back on.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

Thanks. Please inform if possible about new addition of action for send/receive in outlook vbo.

Regards

Praveen

Praveen Kumar