cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF toolkit file conversion from PDF to Excel(XLSX) format

Hi team,

In the Adobe PDF Toolkit VBO, I could not find relevant action to convert PDF to other formats except DOCX.
PDF to Word is working fine but I'm looking for PDF to Excel file conversion using the same VBO.

I tried to tweak certain things with PDF to DOCX action but it did not work.

@Geoff Hirst can you help here

Thank you for your help always.

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead
13 REPLIES 13

Can you tell us the error msg or snapshot of the error?

Also, ensure you are using the latest VBOs for MS Word and all other dependencies from Digital Exchange.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

Sai_TharaniMac1
Level 2

Hi Tejas,

I can you please help with he pdf tool kit link in the Digital exchange as I am able to find with the name.

Thanks,

Sai

Sai Tharani Macharla

I checked, but I was also not able to find

Does anyone have an idea?

Geoff Hirst

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

Hi,

This asset in its current guise has been archived and is no longer available. The reasons for this are as follows:

1. Adobe made significant changes to their PDFServicesSDK.dll that rendered it inoperable with Blue Prism. It would cause Blue Prism to hang and it was only possible to recover by killing processes.

2. Adobe have recently announced they are moving to OAuth2 authentication and have given everyone with accounts on their developer until Jan 2025 to migrate over to this authentication type. This is part of the reasoning behind the previous note.

3. We have moved over to the following asset, making use of the Adobe PDF Services API, https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/blue-prism---adobe-pdf-services---export

4. This asset provides the same functionality with the exception of the form filling and html conversion. This will be added at a future date.

We felt we had no choice but to archive the previous edition to prevent users experiencing the same problems we had seen and the rewrite provides the same functionality. Given that the PDFServicesSDK.dll was a wrapper around their API, very little has changed except this version is quite upfront about it. This type of problem is always a possibility when third party dlls are used.

One thing to bear in mind with the API version, it makes use of AWS services and as such, your documents are transmitted to the storage to be worked upon. From reading the documentation, no documents are retained after conversion. There is an option for you to use your own storage, this is not demonstrated and whilst it does provide additional security for your documents, you would be responsible for the document management.

I hope this explains the situation and the reasoning for our decision.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism