cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue filters ie Today only works on UTC and not local time

IngridOlsen
Level 4
​Hi,
When i use the filter on a queue, ie I set it to Today on the column End time, it translates the Today to UTC/GMT, and not the local time (that is displayed in the control room), and since there is a time zone difference, this produces some confusion. 

Is there a way of changing the filter to use local time?

Best regards
Ingrid

------------------------------
Ingrid Olsen
Configurator and proces consultant
Forca
Europe/Copenhagen
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14
I imagine Blue Prism may update this in the future. But I think the best way to deal with this is to suggest the update to Blue Prism and then just always use UTC for inputs to the Work Queues object's actions.

I agree that it is not intuitive that it is UTC and is annoying.

The way I handle this is to use the function Now() instead of Today. If you want to use Today in UTC, which either doesn't have a time or the time output equals 12:00:00 AM, then you can use ToDate(Now()), which will output something like '10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM'. This is in the case that you are trying to pull data from the queue since this morning.

And you can also just cast Now() into a Date data item or even a Date input parameter, and it will cut off the time so that it comes out to '10/10/2019' or whatever your date format is.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

​Hi Dave
Many thanks for your reply. I will post it to BluePrism. and we will see what happens

Within the objects/processes we convert Now() using the Date and time manipulation Utility "UTC to local" action with the correct Time Zone ID. That generally works fine when we have to compare BluePrism time to out source system times which are local.

But thanks for the advice on using the other functions when pulling data from the queue.
Best regards

Ingrid Olsen
Configurator and proces consultant
Forca
Europe/Copenhagen