cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region - By using Login Agent Robot can't find spyed Button (Region Spy Mode)

AndreKöpplin
Level 5
Hi Blue Prism Experts, We completed the RPA development of an process and the process as well as used applications working fine in the Development environment as well as in the Production environment, when the VM Window (Citrix (Application) Session) is open. In the moment we start the process with the Login Agent and the process is working in the "Background" (VM window is closed), the Robot isn't able to find two buttons in one application. We used surface automation (Region Spy Mode) for the interaction with this buttons within the application. We are wondering, because the first item is processing properly and the RPA process have to do every time the same steps. Could someone give me an hint, how to solve it? Thanks and best regards Andre 
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check whether there is enough time between running the 'Log in' process and starting the 'Do Work' process. If the 'Do Work' process starts too soon it could be that Windows session has not fully logged in yet.

RamneetChawla1
Level 2
Hi Blueprism team, I am facing the same issue as described by Andre above. When we start the process with the Login Agent and VDI Runtime window is not open, the process is not able to identify the elements spied via region mode. Whereas when the VDI window is open, the same process runs fine. I am able to run fine the other process which don't use Surface Automation by logging via Login Agent. Please suggest a way to run successfully the surface Automation processes when BOT machine is logged in through Login Agent. Thanks Ramneet  

AndreKöpplin
Level 5
Hello John The Login Agent starts 5mins before the process starts. Before the robot is on the step on which the error occurs there are additional 2 Minutes after the process starts. To highlighted is, that the first item are process general without any problems. BR Andre

ArshuHansda
Level 4
Are you using image to search the button? Thanks, Arshu

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Andre - it sounds like maybe VM has no persistent desktop. I know this sounds odd, but depending on the way in which the VM is set up and accessed, it can be running without a desktop. BP will still run, and a process that does not use the desktop will work, but if the process tries something like a global mouse click, activate window or a screenshot, it will have a problem. As a test, make a process that saves a screenshot using the attached object. Reboot the VM and run the Log In Process. Don't connect to the VM. Run the test process and if the resulting image file is all black, then it would suggest the VM desktop is not present, and maybe you'll need to talk to your IT guys.