cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Mode modifications - Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am using Region Mode to identify some components in the App that I am working on. The first time when I have spyied all the elements everything was OK. The problem started when I wanted to modify some region dimensions or give them more tolerance any othe modification. When I try to do it, the following error appears: Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions After that message, all the regions spyied in the image disappear from the Application Modeller. Why does it happen? How to avoid this error? What's the correct method to modify a region once it is created? Thanks in advance, Asen Chandarov
9 REPLIES 9

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Asen - to resize you should just be able to drag the edges of the region, or modify the coordinates/dimensions on the right hand side of region editor. But regions disappearing should not happen and I'd recommend contacting our Support team for them to investigate.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John, that's what I'm doing and it is not working. I will wait for your Support team answer. Thanks!

AssenMarinov
Level 3
What are the chances, two BluePrism RPA developers named Asen? I wish i had a solution for your question, i just wanted to reach out and say hi.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi AssenMarinov! hahahahaha the chances are very small for sure, and even smaller if we both are born in Bulgaria, or where are you from if I am wrong?

HeleenBosch
Level 2
Hi all any updates on what is causing this issue? I have the exact same problem currently.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I fix “Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions” when working with Region Mode screenshots? While attempting to work with elements which are based on screenshot data captured using Region Mode spying, the following error is displayed: Error occurred while retrieving screenshot / regions.  When checking the element's screenshot information, it is found to be missing. However, the element does appear in the Application Modeller at a parent level in the hierarchy list: This may be accompanied by further details: BluePrism.BPCoreLib.NoSuchElementException: No node found for the given app member    at Automate.ctlApplicationExplorer.DeleteMember(clsApplicationMember member)    at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.ClearRegions(clsRegionContainer cont)    at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.CaptureRegions(clsRegionContainer cont)    at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleOpenScreenshotClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) This issue is caused when the element is at a parent level because screenshot data cannot be stored against a parent item, only at the child node level. How to resolve your issue: Ensure that elements which store screenshots captured using Region Mode are child level elements in your Application Modeller element hierarchy tree list.

Hi.

Are the problems you have experienced in this thread fixed by now? Or has there been any official feedback from BP support staff to anybody?

We have several instances with same kind of problems, both the latest post with the extended error message in regards to child/parent region entitys, and the situations mentioned at the start of the thread in regards to storing a lot of application modeller logic, just to see in some instances that parts of the complete modeller are missing all of a sudden...

Still a pressing issue, that completely ruins the development of any more BP processes.... Can´t say that i experienced the same kinda problems while working with UI Path...

We have already sent inn a case to BP, and are currently investigating the problem... We are just curious if anybody else are experiencing the same kind of problems..

------------------------------
Terje Gabrielsen
RPA Developer
Tromso kommune
Europe/Oslo

Hi John, Asen,

Is there any solution to this problem?? I am facing this issue recently and every day the elements which were spied using region mode do not work next day.​

Rahul Bansal
Senior Associate Consultant
EXL Serive (I) Pvt. Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Instead of hitting apply, just hit "OK" on the Blue Prism Region Editor screen. It should save your changes.

Puneet Satyawan
RPA Developer
Wex Inc