cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to different email address

AKiran
Level 2
Hi All,

In blueprism mapiex an ID will be generated after reading an email and bot will reply in the same thread using this ID to the sender.

I have some different scenario.

Actually user configured in his outlook client to receive all reply emails to a different email address. so if we receive an email from this user and we clicked on reply button in outlook, a different email address will appear in the TO field and the sender email address will not be there at all.

since bot uses the ID which generated automatically in Get Mail action, the reply is going to the actual sender rather than the email address he configured in his outlook.

Any suggestion on how to handle this scenario with blueprism?

i am using BP6.1 and using mapiex for email automation and i dont have an alternative as it is currently in production.

------------------------------
A Kiran
5 REPLIES 5

DaveMorris
Level 14
Can you just send it as a Forward instead since that will contain the original email while also allowing you to choose who it should be sent to? Or consider retrieving all the details and constructing an entirely new email with the same info as before and sort of build out a "reply" and then you can specify whatever To line you want.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thank you Morris for your answer, but the problem here is i don't know the To address, it appears automatically in the To field when we click reply button in outlook client.

launching outlook and automating using clicks is not a good idea as the volume is high and we can't compromise on overall processing time of queue item.

Thanks

A Kiran

Hi,

All emails come with reply to address. I would suggest taking the mailmesaage object itself and then using the "Reply-To" property of that object to construct your email reply.

Regards
Vivek

Vivek Goel
Winners of "The" RPACULT 2020
https://rpatools.com/2020/11/the-rpacult-2020-winners/

Hi Vivek,

I am getting the error as  Reply-To is not a member of BPMAPIMessage.

is there a way we can get the "Direct replies to" email id in get mail action of mapiex vbo.

i checked all properties of mailmessage object but there is no such property which can give you the "direct replies to" email

A Kiran

hi Kiran,

You can try with some workaround like creating a master reference file which will have detail mapping of sender email and it's actual email id.
Based on sender email from get mail action, above master reference can be traversed for actual email id.

Manish Kumar