cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Management - Failed to stop session

AdamBelica
Level 2
Hi, I was trying to find this error in Support Center but didn't find anything. Lately I have came accross a frustraiting problem, where I was unable to stop running proces due to an error: "Failed to stop session on {machine} - Reply was "INVALID RESOURCE ID -(...)" as can be seen in the print screen.. I have noticed that it only happens in environments where my machine was not in listed in System -> Resources I have raised this issue to our BP server admin, but as per his response, he didn't do anything but all of a sudden my machine has been added to the resources in all environments... Am I correct that the error was caused by machine missing on Resources tab? And how can a machine be added there? It happens somewhat automatically or there is a way to do it? Thanks
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Adam - try forcing the machine to register as a resource PC so that it will show up in System > Resources. Just run automate.exe /resourcepc /public What may have happened is that the client was running with the 'System > Settings > Start a personal runtime resource on this machine...' checkbox unticked, so the machine was never registered as a resource pc.