cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running via command line and got exception time exceeded

TakKwok
Level 4
I am using command line to run a script and is getting an exception error that time exceeded but it will run till it is completed. I tried to set a time out but does not seem to remove the exception. Appreciate any help or suggestions

15915.png

------------------------------
Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York
8 REPLIES 8

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Tak Kwok,

The code stage within that VBO is calling the WaitForExit(Int32) of the Process class. According to the Microsoft docs, if you pass in -1 as the value of timeout it's supposed to cause the action to wait indefinitely.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric:

Since it is using timespan, I tried setting all the values (days, hours, minutes, seconds) to -1 and did not work so I tried setting all 0 except the second to -1 and still did not work as I got the following message "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Number must be either non-negative and less than or equal to Int32.MaxValue or -1. Parameter name: millisecondsTimeout"

15900.png
Thanks,

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York

Hi @Tak Kwok,

Apologies for the delay. I forgot that value was a Timespan. It was actually a mistake to define that parameter as a Timespan, so we'll look at changing the definition of the action to make it a Number.

Should have an update posted to the DX in a day or so. In the meantime, you can change that directly in your own VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it.

Tak

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York

@Tak Kwok,

We just published a fix for the VBO. Instead of changing the data type of the Timeout input, which would break existing implementations where someone's using that value, we added a new input data item called Ignore Timeout.​ This is a Flag type with default value of False. If you set it to True, the code stage will wait indefinitely for the specified process to complete.

You can find the updated asset here.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Cool!  Thank you very much.

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York

Hello Tak, please do let us know if the issue is resolved for you. As this might help us.

MuraliKrishna
RPA Consultant

Hi:

The issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Tak

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global