cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Client Failing to Establish Connection

RobertBittar
Level 2
Hi all, I'm currently having an issue on a couple of my Blue Prism runtime (robot) clients. The runtime clients are logged in with a windows service account, which is in all the correct active directory groups that will give it Blue Prism access. When I attempt to run automate.exe via a command line on the runtime machine the Blue Prism - Resource PC script pops up an initialises correctly, however it gets stuck on the 'Listener Started' command. In the Blue Prism control room I see the error message 'An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket (runtime ipaddress: 8181)'. It seems that the machine has partial connection but it looks like something is blocking the connection to the control room. The BP logs on the machine don't provide any feedback on where the connection is failing. I can open the local BP client on the runtime machine and log in fine - so I'm stuck as to why I can't run BP via a command line and establish a full connection. I have several other RTs configured exactly the same way that work perfectly fine. Could there possibly be a firewall exception/rule that I need to create on the RTs to allow the BP connection? Any info on this issue would help! Our automation team is currently at an impasse on this.   Cheers, Rob
2 REPLIES 2

david.l.morris
Level 14
Hi Rob, You may have seen this Support Center article already, but I'm posting it here for reference: https://help.blueprism.com/1149741322 Did you check the Win Event logs as well, in case it provides any more detail? And since you have other Resource PCs, are the firewall settings the same between the ones that work and this one that doesn't? Respectfully, Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

RobertBittar
Level 2
Hey Dave, Appreciate the quick response! I've had another look at the Win Event logs and it seems that the Windows Filtering Platform is blocking inbound Blue Prism connections: The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a packet. Application Information:  Process ID:  8084  Application Name: \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\blue prism limited\blue prism automate\automate.exe Network Information:  Direction:  Inbound  Source Address:  172.29.215.xxx  Source Port:  61204  Destination Address: 172.29.215.xxx  Destination Port:  8181  Protocol:  6 Filter Information:  Filter Run-Time ID: 67814  Layer Name:  Receive/Accept  Layer Run-Time ID: 44 Which is pretty weird for me to see because I've opened up BP connections on all ports for all protocols on these machines. I originally had the firewall configured the same as the working RTs but I ran into the same issues. Short of completely turning off the firewall on the machine (which our IT support department won't let me do), are there any recommended firewall configuration exceptions that I could try?