cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Spy mode only available on login screen

ChristopherNord
Level 3
Hi all, I have an issue when trying to use SAP Spy mode: it is only available when spying in the login screen*. I have followed the guides to enable scripting, both on client and server side, but the problem still persists. I have tried to reset all the settings to their initial values and then following the guide again without any success. The setup: - Blue Prism v5 - Win 7 - SAP 730 (standard language without having logged in is not English, but I can't see why this would have any impact) Any ideas how to solve this issue? All help I can get is highly appreciated! * The screen where username, password and language is set /Christopher
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm dealing with the same stuff, for some reason the only screen in which I can use SAP Mode is in the Login Screen. Any idea? I really would like to avoid using SA. Thanks.

alexis_gamboa
Level 2
Same problem here, not sure if enabling the scripting from the server for all connections might solve the problem. Any update on the matter?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Christopher - try attaching to the main application with a different object. It might be that the log in part of SAP is a different exe from the main application. An object can only be attached to one app at a time, so that might be your problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Already tried that, it didn't work for us.

alexis_gamboa
Level 2
Also just tried it, same results.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I can only think that scripting is somehow partially enabled. If you've tried separate objects and only one engages SAP mode then could it be that scripting is off for the main app. I know it doesn't sound right, but I haven't seen it like that before.

ChristopherNord
Level 3
No success using different objects to attach to SAP... I have requested our SAP host to see if they can make any changes from their side - from my side everything is in accordance with the guide (i.e. scripting and accessibility enabled from the options menu, and scripting set to TRUE in RZ11). I have successfully used SAP with v5 before, with single sign-on however. Could this be a related issue?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Christopher - I'm not sure to be honest. I'd recommend contacting support@blueprism.com as one of our support guys used to work for SAP.

ChristopherNord
Level 3
Update on the matter: I was granted the SAP_ALL profile and re-performed the steps outlined in the Blue Prism guide to enable SAP Spy Mode, and now it actually works. Since we can't use SAP_ALL in a production setting however, I would gladly receive input of what kind of roles you are using for your robots - thanks!