cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP black screen

Hello, 

I have a process running with SAP and every now and again the process terminates because of a SAP black screen. See attached picture. 
This always happens at the same place in the process, SAP is open and working in a pop-up custom made window. When this happens it seems like the process can't find any elements on the pop-up window and SAP in the background has gone black. The process is unable to even close down SAP or force terminate to re-open SAP again. It is simply stuck and the process itself terminates. 
There seems to be no specific reason behind this black screen as the elements the process is working with each time are different. I have added many wait stages to slow the process down that have certainly helped as this is happening less frequently. However it still happens and I am simply out of ideas on how to fully get rid of this problem.

Is anybody familiar with this problem and can give me advise on how to fix this?

------------------------------
Valgerdur
Valgerdur
1 REPLY 1

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
Hi Valgerdur,

When working with SAP the following things can help:
  1. When working with multiple object (that all connect to the same SAP session) then Detach the objects that you're done with before you attach to the next SAP object.
  2. If possible, let your robot restart SAP before the part where the problem usually happens: I use this often to prevent SAP crashes.
  3. If above doesn't work - Try automating the part that crashes with Surface Automation (region mode).
Hope this helps!

Bastiaan

Bastiaan Bezemer
RPA Manager
EY
Europe/Brussels