cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP server busy / Blue Prism Stops until SAP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, everyone. I am using Blue Prism to interact with SAP and when I´m trying to Log In, SAP launches a Pop up at the Logon window saying that the Server is bussy. It displays two buttons: "Switch to", "Retry" and a disabled one that I don't read... This Pop up appears JUST when the robot is running interrupting the process, so I cannot capture it with the Application Modeler by launching SAP with this last one. Do you have any idea on how to solve this?
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Can you not step into the object and then go into App Modeller? Or could you use a second (temporary) object to attach and then spy? Then copy the element from app modeller in the temporary object into app modeller of the real object?

LourdesUrena
Level 5
We have a similar issue @John_Carter.  The issue only arises when the process is running in our VMs for PROD so we cannot step into the process on the machine that is running since it is being launched from Control Room in a different machine.
Lourdes Urena Sr Solutions Engineering Grainger Panama Services Panama

DerekTurner
Level 3
I had the same issue in a project I am currently working on.  I was able to spy it by having a 2nd instance of BP open and ready to spy, so when the window shows up, I can capture it. Sadly though, when this pop up occurs in the process, my wait stage does not see it and fully hangs the process until I manually click the button.  I have yet to find a solution to this.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Derek - could it be that the popup is running on a separate thread to the one that the object is attached to? It's rare, but it can happen on some apps. Depending on what version you have there is a 'non-response global timeout' setting in application modeller - the idea is that BP can raise an exception rather than hang forever.

DerekTurner
Level 3
Thanks John.  I had submitted a ticket and I was told that the global timeout is only currently applicable to Read/Write/Navigate stages although it is likely being expanded to other action types.  The global timeout did work for a coworker who faced the same issue as their issue was caused by a navigate stage. I am using a wait stage, and found the solution here:  https://portal.blueprism.com/comment/27537 When using a wait stage, as long as I do not spy any items being checked in the wait stage as SAP Mode, I no longer see the Retry pop up.