cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP

pavanikoduri
Level 3
Hi,

I would like to get/post a file from sftp server, so is there any object available from blue prism? or any best method.

Thanks Pavani

------------------------------
pavani koduri
RPA Consulatant
Pearson
Europe/London
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Pavani, I don't know if this is the best way but this blog post I wrote should give you some ideas to explore, https://rpasuccess.com/blog/2019/8/5/how-to-use-windows-built-in-ftp-with-blue-prism/

In the post I highlight how you can use these built-in VBO's to configure a command line ftp call.
  • Utility - File Management VBO - this is an excellent workhorse of utilities, providing actions to handle all sorts of local file and directory management.
  • Utility - Environment VBO - provides utilities actions for interacting with the environment - read screen resolution, determine OS type, etc.
But there are also a couple of Digital Exchange Assets available on the DX store that might be of interest. https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?keyword=FTP
Let us know what you come up with.
Thanks,
Ed

Ed Garabedian
Sr. Solutions Consultant
Blue Prism

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
I'd make a simple VBO with SSH.NET library. MIT licensed.
Upload seems to be about 10 lines of code.
You would have to install something on the worker either way.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

Hello @Ed Garabedian,

I am facing the same scenario, Need to perform SFTP functions using a .ppk file. I am trying to use this VBO available in dx:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/sshnet-2

However it is giving me Invalid Private Key File error. Not sure if the .ppk is supported.

Thank you,
Sushma​

sushma Achar

Hello @sushma Achar,

I believe the underlying SSH.NET library, used by the VBO, requires key files to be in PEM format. If you search Google you'll find multiple articles that discuss converting an existing PPK format key file into a PEM format key file.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

Yes I converted PPK to PEM format. Now the login is successful. I am trying "Download File" action. But I am getting "Access Denied" to download the file to my local machine. However with the same user and credentials I am able to download and upload file on to my local via WinScp.

Thanks,
Sushma Achar

sushma Achar

Hi @sushma Achar

I am receiving the same error when I download a file using ​ SSH.NET VBO. Were you able to resolve this issue? I can delete and get the list files from SFTP, but I cannot download the file.

Thanks,
Bhaskar​

Bhaskar Gudibandi

@BhaskarGudiband,

I believe the "Access Denied" error is related to Blue Prism not being able to write files to the specified local folder. Have you verified that the digital worker has write permissions on the folder? If you're running into this problem while running the process in Debug mode you would want to verify that your user account has proper permissions on the folder.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

I am running this in debug mode and I do have permission to that location. I tried bunch of locations but I am getting the same error message.

Thanks,
Bhaskar

Bhaskar Gudibandi

Hi @BhaskarGudiband,

Please give the absolute path for the local file​ path parameter.

Example: remotefilepath - /sftpserver/folder/abc.txt
                 localfilepath - C:\Users\xyz\Desktop\abc.txt

sushma Achar