cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP WebService error

MichalKowalczyk
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with adding a 3rd party webservice to BP. Apparently there are parts in the webservice that BP can't digest. However, when running the webservice on another software (SOAP UI) it seems to work just fine. Here's the link to the api:

https://swea.riksbank.se/sweaWS/wsdl/sweaWS.wsdl

And here's the error thrown by BP (6.5):

'Could not understand the web service described at https://swea.riksbank.se/sweaWS/wsdl/sweaWS.wsdl - please make sure the url you provided refers to a valid WSDL document
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

The question is what might be wrong with the api? Is this encoding, or some unsupported data types? Or could it be something completely different?

Thanks in advance for any input

------------------------------
Michal Kowalczyk
RPA Developer
Digital Workforce
Europe/Warsaw
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Jiri,

Yeah, by default BP does not supports that but i have tried credential based authorization, in that case we need to use HTTP object and HTTp request, enter the credential in username and password section and select "Force Pre Authorization".

This objects does the the HTTP call, which is happening with postman and other tools, we just need to figure out how to make that call.

Ishan Mahajan
India

Hi Ishan,

I was able to get a successful response using the POST method in a HTTP Request via Blue Prism using test/xml but with hard coded values designed to be successful.

My problem now is I want to replace the hard coded values with data item values passed from my app. I'm not sure how to get those hard coded items into my BODY to replace the test ones.

N M
Software Developer
Europe/London

Hi NM,

Did you tried using calculation stage ? i guess that should solve your problem, you need to send input variables from the process/Apps and utilize a calculation stage to prepare body, like below

"<Item>
                  <ReferenceDocumentItem>" & [This would be your data item] & "</ReferenceDocumentItem>
               </Item>"
and this entire body you can save to a data item and utilize that to call Web service.

Ishan Mahajan
India

Hi Ishan Mahajan

Thank you for your reply. I was able to achieve it!.

I tried the SOAP import feature, but I couldn't get my head around the collection setting. So I went with your second advice.

Thank you so much!​​

Met Vonghiran
Consultant
Deloitte
Asia/Tokyo

Hi Ishan, thanks, I just got time to look at this again and I may need some more help.

I have a data item called [Account Number] (text). 

I used the calculation stage as suggested and it populates Data Item Data3 with a current value of 
<item><ReferenceDocumentItem=537105</ReferenceDocumentItem></Item>.

That is the correct Account Number.

I go to my existing Soap Envelope and replace the hard coded Account Number with the following:

<RequesterInformation>
<AccountNumber>[Data3]</AccountNumber>
<EndUser>
<CompanyName>Test</CompanyName>
</EndUser>

However, I receive a bad formed error message back. What steps am I missing, not understanding?

N M
Software Developer
Europe/London